Learn@ISU Frequently Asked Questions
These FAQs are designed to provide a better understanding of Learn@ISU. They provide basic information to assist you in using the system. For additional assistance, click here to check out several short video tutorials on how to navigate within Learn@ISU.
Click here to return to the Learn@ISU main page.
How do I log into Learn@ISU?
- Go to learn.iastate.edu and click on the Login button. If you are using Okta, and have previously logged in to Okta you will be logged in to Learn@ISU. If you have not logged in to Okta, you will be directed to the Okta login page, enter your ISU Network ID and password and click Login. Okta may require you to enter a second factor of identification.
- Your Network-ID or Net-ID is the part of your ISU email address that comes before the “@” symbol. For example: email@example.com.
I tried logging in with my Net-ID and password, and I was routed to the Request New Account webform. What do I do?
- Fill out the form and click on “Submit." Within one to two business days, you should receive a response that your account has been created.
I was successful with logging in. I don’t see any courses or catalogs. What do I do now?
- System updates occur every day at 5:00 am. These updates will place you in the catalogs.
- You may wait until the system updates to take training.
- You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have created your account and need to be added to the catalogs. We will add you to the catalogs if we receive the email during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM).
How do I take an online course?
- Log in to the learning management system.
- Click on Course Catalog under My Menu.
- Scroll through the alphabetized Online Course Catalog.
- Click the Launch link next to the desired course.
How do I open and close my course catalogs?
- Click on the folder icon next to the title of the catalog.
How do I search for a course?
- From My Menu> My Dashboard > “Search Course Catalog”
- Select the catalog to search and keywords associated with your search.
- From My Menu >Course Catalog
- Type a keyword into the search bar located in the upper-left portion of the screen.
- Be sure to reset the search keyword after you have found the course you need to take.
What if my online course will not launch or I receive a 404 error?
- Allow Pop-ups for www.ehs.iastate.edu and training.ehs.iastate.edu. Click here to learn more about allowing pop-ups on your web browser.
- Access the course through the online learning center instead of links that may have been copied from the website.
- Clear your cache from your browser history.
- Ensure Adobe Flash is installed, and enabled on the web browser you are using. Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable Adobe Flash for each browswer.
When I launch the course, I hear audio but do not see the course. What do I do?
- Sometimes the window will launch behind your current browser window. You can minimize your open applications until you find the web browser window displaying the online course.
Can I stop an online course in the middle and resume later?
- Yes, you can! If you’re halfway through a course and need to leave, you can resume where you left off the next time you launch the course.
Where do I find my training history?
- Click on My Reports under My Menu to get a full list of your training history.
Can I sort my training history?
- You can sort your training history by any of the column labels, including Course Title, Status, Status Date, and Expiry Date.
Where do I find my current Enrollments?
- View My Current Enrollments on My Dashboard. This is the view you see when you first log into the system.
- Click on My Enrollments under My Menu
- Here you will have a list of all courses that don’t have a “Finished” status.
- These statuses include “In Progress,” “Enrolled,” and courses that are “Finished” but the assessment has yet to be completed.
Why can’t I view my certificate?
- Some courses do not provide participants with a certificate.
- If your status is “In Progress,” you will not receive a certificate.
- Make sure to complete the course and your status is “Finished – Pass.”
How do I view my certificate?
- Click on My Transcript under My Menu.
- The Certificate column is located on the far-right portion of the screen.
- Use the Print link to print a copy of your certificate.
- Use the Email link to send a digital copy to your email.
My completion status will not update when I successfully finish an online course.
- There may be a compatibility issue with the web browser you are using. Verify the web browser you are using: Recommended web browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer may not work with older courses.
- You may have timed out of the learning management system while completing your online course. Avoid this by periodically selecting an option such as Home or Course Catalog within the learning management system while you are working on the coursework. If the system has timed out while you are completing the online course, simply log in again before clicking “Finish” at the end of the online course.
- Sometimes a completion status will get stuck in “In Progress." Contact us at email@example.com and we will manually change your status.